Frequency Devices Model VM32PAFF comprises a family of VMEbus amplifier/filter boards offering software programmable differential amplifiers combined with precision 3-pole Butterworth or Bessel linear analog filters in a single width B-size (6U) VME form factor. VM32PAFF boards provide simultaneous access to 32, DC-coupled wideband signals while providing programmable gain from -12dB to +60dB, in 6dB steps. Fixed frequency filters are available with corner frequencies from 100 Hz to 100 kHz. VM32PAFF boards may be configured with 8, 16 or 32 channels. The boards conform to VME revision C.1 as an A16/D16 Slave. Available options include AC coupled input and/or differential output.
- Simultaneous access over 32 channels offers a low cost, versatile and convenient way to provide amplification and filtering.
- Interchannel crosstalk <-90 dB provides precision per-formance solutions to design engineers, system inte-grators and OEMs.
- 3-pole Butterworth or Bessel transfer functions with a broad range of corner frequencies are offered to meet a wide range of applications.
- High channel count density without sacrificing performance maximizes chassis utilization.
- Sonar, navigation and aerospace
- Engine test and simulation
- Acoustic and vibration analysis
- Satellite and telecommunications
- Laboratory R & D
- Automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Industrial process control
||-12 dB to +60 dB in 6 dB steps
||Butterworth 3-pole 100 Hz to 100 kHz
||-12 dB to +60 dB in 6 dB steps
||Bessel 3-pole 100 Hz to 100 kHz
(@ 25°C and rated power input)
- Impedance: 1 MΩ // 22pF
- Maximum Input: ±15V
- AC Couple (Optional Fixed Freq.):
10Hz to 1.0 kHz
- Impedance: 1.0 Ω typ., 10 Ω max.
- Linear Operating Range:
±5V linear operating range,
Output clamped to ±9 V
- Channel to Channel Crosstalk:
<-100dB @ 1 kHz, <-9OdB @ 20 kHz
- Maximum Current: 5.0mA
- Offset Voltage: 2mV RTI, NTE 40mV max.
- Offset Temp. Coeff., RTI:
±(5 +100/G) µV/°C max.
- Anti-alias filtering: 3-pole low-pass Butterworth or Bessel fixed frequency
- Cut-off Frequency fc (-3dB):
Fixed frequency from 100Hz to 100 kHz
- Amplitude Match*:
±0.1dB @ DC, linear to ±0.25dB at fc
- Phase Match*: 0.2° typ., 1° max. @ fc
- Noise Voltage, RTI:
20nV/sqrt(Hz) @ 1 kHz, G=1,000
- Distortion @ 1VRMS Output, RL=2kohm:
-83dB, 1 kHz single ended
-86dB, 1 kHz differential
* Any two channels set to same gain and loading
- Gain Programming (G): 0.25X to 1024X in factors of 2:1 (before filtering), 32 channels programmed over VMEbus with read-back
- Gain Accuracy @ DC: ±0.1 dB max.
- Interface: A16/D16, D08 (EO), Slave
- Registers: Three active R/W registers in 64 byte blocks
- From VME Backplane:
+5V - 1.0A max.
±12 V - 0.7A max.
- 0perating Temperature: 0°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 0-95% non-condensing
- Card Size: VMEbus 6U single slot,
9.17 x 6.3 inches, (233 x 160 mm)
- No. of Input Channels:
32 Differential - DC coupled
- No. of Output Channels:
32 Single Ended - DC coupled,
Two groups of 16
- Differential Output (Optional)
- Mating Connectors:
- Input : Male high density 78-pin D-sub, Quantity 1
- Output: Female high density 44-pin D-sub, Quantity 2
- Weight: 1 LB., (454 grams)
We hope the information given here will be helpful. The information is based on data and our best knowledge, and we consider the information to be true and accurate. Please read all statements, recommendations or suggestions herein in conjunction with our conditions of sale which apply to all goods supplied by us. We assume no responsibility for the use of these statements, recommendations or suggestions, nor do we intend them as a recommendation for any use which would infringe any patent or copyright.